Friday, November 9, 2012

Performance 5 Scale

 
The principles of design used for this performance:
A scale was used throughout the entire performance, ha ha, get it? Just kidding. Now really,
The focal point of the performance was the scale which emphasized the idea of how weight is always on my mind and "weighing down on me". The scale is present in every shot, and I am literally carrying the scale around with me. The variety of the places and tasks was unified with the scale being in every shot.

The rhythm of the video was perhaps one of the most important elements. There is the rhythm of the shots between close up of getting on the scale and have tasks where the scale is present. My original idea was more about getting on the scale all of the time, but it's not just the act of weighing myself a lot that's present. The constant thinking about weight is also present, so I wanted to bring these elements together and make it more literal. There is also the rhythm of the music, which has a steady beat throughout the song which pulls the rhythm of the video together, and the music also coincides which the events of the video, and with the overall theme of the performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment